I know it’s still 2011, consider this a forward-looking statement. In any case, the test project is available for download, ready to run, includes Cocos2D v1.0.1 and is relatively easy to modify for your own needs. This project is also available on my github repository where I host all of the iDevBlogADay source code.
Since numbers are so dry and hard to assess, you’ll find the rest of this post garnered with charts and conclusions based on the results obtained from iPhone 3G, iPod 4 and iPad.
- About the Test Project
- Comparing the Devices (iPhone 3G, iPod 4, iPad)
- How image formats influence loading times
- Re-visiting CCArray Performance
- Cocos2D: How children count can affect performance
- Cocos2D: How long it takes to create nodes
- A word of caution for the Tilemappers