Andreas Löw has released an updated version (v2.1) of his Texture Atlas creation tool called Texture Packer (Pro). The Pro version ($17.95) provides you with a GUI interface, the non-Pro version ($9.95) is a command line tool. The latter actually runs behind the scenes in the GUI version.
Here’s the list of changes introduced in Texture Packer v2.1:
The free version is now enhanced so that you can create textures up to 2048×2048 pixels without paying a single cent!
The free PVR/PVR.CCZ previewer lets you view the images – just doubleclick them in finder! Including preview for PVRTC.
- *.pvr and *.pvr.ccz previewer! (free for all)
- AutoSD allows automatically creation of standard resolution images from highres images (–auto-sd) (pro/cli)
- Process *.tps files from command line (pro)
- Drag’n’drop sprites to tree view to add them
- PVRTC2/PVRTC4 compression
- Enhanced color reduction quality (pro/cli)
- Additional dithering algorithm (Atkinson)
- Linear quantization
- Nearest neighbour quantization
- Premultiply alpha (pro/cli)
- Option to disable automated alias creation
- Choose heuristics for MaxRects algorithm (pro/cli)
- Creation of non power of 2 textures
The update is available using auto-update or download from: http://texturepacker.com/download/
Read more about the Texture Packer features, read the Texture Packer manual (PDF) or go directly to the shop (Share*it!).
Add your link to the Cocos2D Linkvent Calendar
Do you have something to share with the Cocos2D community? I haven’t received enough submissions to fill all the days until Xmas, although I do have enough links to post one each day, I’d rather post a link to your website or blog post.
I very much enjoy the learning process, the pushing of boundaries (mine and yours and that of technology), having the freedom to pursue whatever is on my mind, to boldly program what no one has programmed before, and to write about what I've learned. Help me help you by browsing the products in the Learn Cocos2D Store.