I keep running into posts where users ask how fast cocos2d is, or why their particular code is slow.
I also tried to explain why the question of how fast cocos2d is has no real-world relevance.
Then i added a link to All-Seeing Interactive’s cocos2d Performance Tips as this is such a great post! It covers a lot of topics:
- Profiling with Instruments
- Testing on different devices
- Textures and Texture Atlases
- Speeding up loading times
- Reducing memory usage
- Flipping textures
- Pixel formats
- PVRTC (Texture Compression)
- Pre-render programatically generated textures
- Avoid using atomic accessors
- Read the best practices documentation
As always i hope you find these additions help- and useful.
|Follow @gaminghorror||Follow @kobold2d|